Thursday, March 24, 2005

Title: Knowing How to Know My "No" Means No

Subtitle: My Journey to Finding Clark Kent

Huh? Whuu?

I am giggling to myself because those two words sum up how I have been feeling for the last couple of days. I am actually going to deposit them into my bank-of-silly-things-to-say-or-do-when-I-am-on-the-brink-of-melting-down-and-need-to-mellow-out (I hope they already have the name of that bank listed on the deposit slip...that's a doozie!).

I have, once again, somehow said "yes" to about gazillion things, AT ONCE (I know...you're groaning because this is becoming an all too familiar scenario with me)! Actually, I haven't said "yes" to too much. I just haven't said "no". I think that's worse. Okay, so when am I going to realize this area is screaming for discipline? Right now, I suppose.

It is the little "yes"es or the no little "no"s, whichever the case may be, that are driving me crazy (following me?). I seem to know how to determine what my response should be to big things. But I apparently suffer from the impression that I carry the markings of a large, multicolored, permanent "S" on my chest. Needless to say, this is a delusion. Last time I checked, no "S".

Where, oh where, is Clark Kent?! My Clark Kent has left the building. He's probably out flying around the building as Superman, saving people left and right, while his desk at The Daily Planet piles up with to-do lists and work pending.

Come down to earth, Superman!!! Just be Clark for a while. Yeah, yeah, we know you got skills, but just put 'em away before somebody gets hurt. No body likes a show off!

Help me, Lord!

No comments: