My 56-year-old father is awaiting this surgery, which will be performed on November 4th. It is unexpected in some respect (though not really), unwanted in another, and at the same time a chance for my father to receive a clean slate with his heart health. Truly, there is nothing that we would want more than that. There is hard work ahead; for the nurses, doctor, surgeon, Dad, Mom, and the whole family as we walk this road of rescue, recovery, and reversal.

Dad has been concerned to some degree that this is somehow "inconvenient" for everyone. Silly man...
A funeral is far less "convenient". I vote for the surgery...
1 comment:
I am so glad this chapter of my life is OVER. I will do anything to keep from repeating surgery like that again. At this point, I am 25 lbs lighter, exercising every week, swallowed in pants that I can pull up almost to my neck (no joke), and feeling better than I have in 20 years. With all of those pluses, I guess the 2 months of pain & recovery was so worth it. Thanks for your strength and support to your mom (and to me) during all this. I love you so much.
Daddy
Post a Comment