
I lived in the Philippines in 1995 with my parents as missionaries. I came home to Georgia in January of 1996. Anthony was the first person to call and ask me to a party at his house. We went to school together, and grew up in the same youth ministry, so we knew each other casually.
I went to the party. We talked. We saw something in each other that we hadn't seen in all the years before.
We started dating. We dated about a month. I broke it off. I needed some "old stuff" healed up. I thought that was it for us.
Five months later, we began again. Within 12 weeks, we were engaged.
He left three weeks later for Amsterdam, Holland and Coite D'Ivoire, West Africa. He came home to Georgia March 8th, three weeks before we married.
Young bucks. Hm.
I love him more now than the girl in that picture would have ever known.
No comments:
Post a Comment