Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Brief Interview . . .


(Me:) Bella, what are some things you are thankful for this Thanksgiving?

(Bella:) I'm thankful for my brother. I'm also thankful for my friends. Ummm, I am very thankful for my teacher, ["you can type Mrs. Claxton's name", she says] Mrs. Claxton. And I am also thankful for God and Him giving all the good privileges that He gives me. [kisses me on the cheek, whispers "I love you", flashes a grin, and runs downstairs to watch Tom & Jerry with Daddy]

Not an extensive interview, or a very long list. In fact it would appear Daddy and Mommy didn't make the cut for this year's accounting (probably because right now this interlude is competing with the fact that she is most thankful for being at the grandparents' where there is cable television). But I know my girl. She loves me, list or no list. She'll end this day, like every other one, expressing that in her own sweet way, to me, Anthony, and Jack. Even the dog gets a little nod now and again.

"...all the good privileges..." Her words. Not mine. I couldn't have said it any better.

Happy Thanksgiving. If you are reading this, you are likely one of the "good privileges" I am most thankful for.

P.S. Here's another sweet story of some kid-wisdom. You've got to love those Schmidt kids!

1 comment:

Beloved of the Lord said...

Bella is so precious. I'm sorry I missed you guys this year for Thanksgiving, but maybe next year-- who knows?
Love ya!